AMVIG recognizes that our activities inevitably have an impact on the environment. Consequently we embrace the principles of sustainable development and are committed to a process of continual environmental improvement and pollution prevention. We treat all relevant environmental legislations and regulations as the minimum standard and seek to exceed standard wherever possible.
It is AMVIG's mission to operate in a manner that respects the environment and to abide by the management principles mandated by the following initiatives:
- To ensure that employees are informed and properly trained to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
- To develop and improve operations and technologies, taking into consideration the efficient use of energy and raw materials, giving preference to renewable resources, minimizing waste and adverse environmental impact, disposing of residual waste safely and responsively.
- To promote the adoption of the same principles by our contractors and suppliers.
- To develop and manufacture products and services that are safe for their intended use, energy-efficient, respect the environment and that can be recycled or disposed of safely.
- To participate in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding of environmental problems.
- To set own stringent guidelines, using government requirements as a basis, and continuously improve these guidelines in light of technological advances and new environmental data.
- To take proactive measures to eliminate environmental, occupational and health risks and be prepared to respond to emergencies at all times.